Free books + warm = Happy combination

A mere 10 minute walk from our house. Mt. Fuji is visible on a clear day.

December 15, 2009. I found out that the public library was quite near our house and the walking route is quite scenic (by the river for about 15 minutes and over the river for about 5 minutes). Inside the nice library building, it is w-a-r-m and t-o-a-s-t-y and I immediately felt at home (what with a wet-cold 10 degrees celsius outside). I met a very friendly librarian who showed me to the English section (about three shelves only but with an interesting selection: there's Marley & Me, P.D. James mysteries, Lord of the Flies) and upon showing my alien registration card, I instantly got my bar coded library card. Can't wait to hang out at the library soon.

The three-shelf English corner. There's also a shelf for Chinese books and Korean books.

Thought of the day: Outside of a dog, a book is a person's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment