Bike-friendly city

December 19, 2009. I discovered yet another reason to love this cool city -- it is so bike-friendly (and wheelchair friendly at that)! I had an interview somewhere near Iidabashi station and I learned that Iidabashi is easily a 30 minute bike ride from Akihabara where hubby's office was. Hubby printed out the Google map of my route and gave clear instructions on how to get there. It took me about 40 minutes (understandable since it was my first time and I was looking around while biking). The sidewalks along the main streets are wide enough for both pedestrians and cyclists, and they taper off nicely so you practically never have to get on or off your bike from sidewalk to sidewalk. Savings: 260 yen (approximately 130 pesos) in train fares. Plus, I love how I could feel the breeze on my skin, and the sheer power of my legs to get me from point A to point B. Totally intoxicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment