Road trip down to Kyushu


November 29-December 1, 2009. I joined hubby and Otake-kun in the Food Bank Caravan down to Kyushu Island in the 4-ton truck. It was refreshing to leave the city and just soak up the countryside. The first time I rode the 4-ton truck was when hubby picked me up from Narita station the first time we met in Japan. I was not impressed (mainly because hubby was an hour late. :). This time, I got to see the cool features of the truck and I enjoyed pressing the different buttons and levers that make parts of the truck go up and down, open and close.

Hubby looking very manly behind the wheel of the 4-ton truck

We left Sunday morning and made a sleep stopover at the most beautiful of rest stops - Shimonoseki, the Honshu side of the Kanmonkyo Bridge (connecting Honshu and Kyushu islands). We tried to figure out the best configuration for three people to lie down and sleep in the truck. Hubby and I finally managed to both squeeze into the sleeping space behind the seats like sardines (i.e. feet to head, head to feet) since the space was good for one. Otake-kun slept on the seat row. We forgot all the aches and pains of sleeping in a cramped space when woke up to a gorgeous view of the sunrise behind the bridge.

Honeymoon photo (almost)

Otake-kun and shachoo (boss)

After picking up and dropping off food, we head back to Tokyo. Otake-kun and hubby took turns driving throughout the day and night. On the morning of December 1, hubby poked me out of my sleep to see the snow-covered peak of Mt. Fuji floating in the distance, something that the Japanese believes brings good luck.

Now you'll have good luck too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment